Can you believe it’s the first week of October already?!!
With only 11 weeks and 2 days left until Xmas Day, the time is now to set your auto repair business up for your best pre-Xmas trading yet. For most of you, what you earn up until Xmas eve needs to fund you through most of January!
I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t want to leave my Xmas fortunes to chance, so in my workshop we always have our Xmas strategies planned well in advance (up to 12 months in advance actually!)
With 11 weeks and 2 days to go, what will make the most impact and give you the best chance to have your best Xmas trade yet?
Check out my top 6 tips below!
1. Set a budget for promotional/advertising spend for the next 11 weeks, if you don’t already have a set marketing budget…When setting this, consider what forms of marketing have produced the best return on investment for you this year. Was it Facebook posts/advertising, was it from leads generated through your website, or has word of mouth referral been your best advertiser?
2. Given the above, consider what promo might best reward your loyal customers first, and encourage them to come back in one more time this year, and draw in new customers second. Why consider what might tempt your loyal customers first?? Because they already trust you, and statistically are more likely to spend more money with you at each visit. They also cost less to attract back than a new customer.
3. Approach local businesses and your suppliers to add to your giveaway/prize pool. Approach the butcher for a great deal on Xmas Hams for example, and advertise their name in your promo. As this also sets up a joint venture opportunity, ask that they advertise you inside their premises! Ask beauty therapists, hairdressers, cafes, and restaurants, for free vouchers/ 2 for the price of one vouchers, etc. Remember that your suppliers are trying to make the most of the Xmas trade as well… If you don’t ask, you won’t receive!
4. Prepare and schedule all social media posts now, in advance, so that you are not rushing to do it day by day from late November. Not sure how to schedule a Facebook post? Google it!
5. Have a pre-XMAS clean out now! Tidy the place up, make sure your stock levels are optimal to ensure workshop efficiency (without creating a cash flow problem come January 30), and also plan and book your team Xmas function. Showing those who will help you achieve business success that you appreciate them is very, very important. Don’t overlook this!
6. Join my last Auto Superstars Academy 8 week online program for the year! Starting October 17 and finishing the week of Dec 12, you have the opportunity to overhaul your business now so that you can launch into both the Xmas period, and 2017, and be more productive, profitable, and carefree than ever before! With only a few spots left, you need to be quick to book your spot. Just email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to have a chat and book in.